Beaten to the Punch

So, I don't know if you guys check CollegeHumor, but they're having that Freshman 15 contest. I had actually meant to enter it, but I had actually not gained any fat my actual freshman year. Looks like someone submitted an entry as me, though, seen here. I thought it was kind of funny, but if I/he ends up winning, I'll be pretty pissed. If the guy who submitted them reads this (I'm not sure how else he would find those pictures), let me post the pictures instead.

At any rate, things aren't going too swimmingly here. I'm really not enjoying my new job transfer and I'm contemplating quitting. At the same time, my boyfriend's left town for a week to go see his family, so it's really lonely around the apartment. I've lost about 7 pounds or so, I'll post pictures when I'm feeling better.

4 comments:

  1. Please don't lose the weight. Gaining it back is easier because the fat cells are still there waiting to be nourished with fat. But soemthing could happen and you could lose your fat cells and it will be just as hard as it started out as.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah--you can only lose fat cells via liposuction or some sort of surgery. They can "deflate" and get smaller, but that's why it's so much easier to gain weight again as they swell up in plumpness.

    Einstein once said, "only the mediocre are always at their best." It's normal to have "peaks and valleys." In the (ho ho ho) big picture of things, 7 pounds lost is more like 7 pounds temporarily misplaced, or as I like to think about it, you sent out 7 pounds of "scouts" and they're going to bring back a lot of friends when they return. :)

    Rather than get sad about having your boyfriend return and find a skinnier you, think about really diving into the cookie bag and surprizing him by having him come home and finding you wider :)

    Always wishing you the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lofe gainers!!!

    i am brazilian boy!!!

    eat more more more!!!

    please send more pictures of you saga!!

    sorry my english!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just read you blog and you sound a bit down, hope you feel better soon, think how good it will be seeing your bfreind after a little break. Well done on the weight loss. I'm after the bigger muscle look too, perhaps a little harder work than a nice big fat belly, but you feel very powerful and will look fantastic, best of luck in what ever you do.

    ReplyDelete