Doctors

Those of you following my Twitter probably have noticed how much I've been complaining about doctors lately. Well, ignoring how hard it was to find someone to treat me in this bloody city, I have been having some digestive problems that I'd been, well, keeping secret.

For a while now I've had pretty mild heartburn at night occasionally and because of my irrational Iatrophobia I just ignored it until recently. (Yes, I know, do as I say, not as I do...) What happened was (according to what my PA thinks), the reflux and heartburn caused an excess development of mucus in my throat to heal any damage. What resulted was a constant feeling of a coated throat which was amplified when I ate anything. When I ate, I had to hack up the stuff pretty frequently which understandibly kind of killed my appetite.

Hopefully, the pretty lame medicine she perscribed (all OTC stuff, gee) will take care of it. So far it seems to have helped quite a bit. I'm very glad she didn't say anything was weight-related or mention anything about that. Even moreso, I was relieved to see my weight is recovering already. 243, according to their fancy scale.

Speaking of Twitter, though, I'm thinking of autoupdating it with my blog posts. Now that I'm getting back into the swing of things, maybe I'll start posting more than once a week. We shall see.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Pete:
    First of all I had to look up "iatrophobia". Then I was glad to read that you overcame it (at least for once) and that you are on the mend. It is "disastrous" if a successful gainer like you is being hampered eating. Also, I wonder if excessive acid (heartburn) is the result of not eating enough?
    Great to hear that "perfect" doctors' scales say you weigh 243 lbs, you should be back to 250 in no time!
    And finally, it is high time that you get over your self-consciousness about your own weight. I believe you yourself wrote that you notice a lot of "pleasantly plump" people. Which leads me to say that I am convinced that so-called "standard" weights (BMI) are unrealistic. The standard should be quite a bit higher. I am sure physicians are aware of that and consequently being heavier than the proverbial "bean-pole" is no issue.
    So, return to happy gaining and I hope you resolved you obtaining comfortable shorts.
    As always, Norbert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there: glad to hear that they were able to help you but I'm curious as to what was the OTC drugs they suggested. I seem to suffer from that same kind of thing - the touch of heartburn at night, the mucus, etc. And I just don't have health insurance so I suffer through it but end up many mornings waking up hoarse. You can private email me at AJAloise@gmail.com if you don't want to talk about it publicly but would love to hear what the solution was.

    Take care and keep building that beautiful beefy body of yours!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so completely strange that you were having the exact same problem as me. I stopped drinking sodas because of it. The back of my throught got sooo sticky it made me feel like gagging. I started taking Prilosec and after about a week things were getting better.

    It hasn't gone away completely yet and all the extra acid in my stomach makes hunger pains ten times worse.

    ReplyDelete