Rebound

It's amazing what a simple trip to the doctor can fix. I got prescribed Prilosec for my heartburn, even if that wasn't the main reason I went, and it's done wonders already. I should have tried the stuff when I had the chance, but I misread the price and dosing and all that.

But that's all in the past now, I suppose. Now that my throat doesn't clog up when I eat, I'm able to eat much larger meals without any real trouble. Meals that I couldn't finish just a couple weeks ago are a snap to finish now. I also picked up some weight gain powder at the new Vitamin Shoppe that's opened up in town, so things are looking good. My weight is steadily recovering, and I hope to be back to 250 soon.

I had to put this new appetite to the test, though. I always thought that pizza was a good measuring point for my capacity. When I was little, I could only have a couple of slices, and in my early months of gaining I could force myself to finish one large on an empty stomach. Before now, I was back down to just a half of a large, but with that fixed, I wondered if I could go back to a full one. The results? Success! Not even on an empty stomach, even. It took me quite some time, but by the end of it I wasn't ready to explode. Just comfortably content, and proud. I'd call that progress.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, StupidGit! I'm really glad to hear you've come far in fixing that horrible problem. I hope you get to enjoy your 'rebound' all the way to your next size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete,
    Glad to hear that you're on the mend. All the best with the next weight goals and thanks for doing this blog. Regards, Jon (mandmchoc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza, eh? Back when I was skinny I used to be able to finish off a whole large by myself easily; for a long time now I've barely been able to force myself to half of one. :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah-hey!! You rock, skinny stud!!! I'm currently on some similar meds and they appear to be working for me... though I'm not on the gainer train like you. Just wanted you to know you aren't going through this alone. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! You look happy and content, too. And that box is toast. Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Pete:
    As I always say: I love good news! Great that you aren't suffering any more and that you are happily gaining once again. Btw, you look like 250 on that photo! And your cat obviously shares your contentment.
    Best wishes for continuing progress, and you can rightly be proud!
    Norbert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture is fantastic! Glad to hear you're back into the swing of things, you're without doubt one of the hottest and most inspiring gainers around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad your eating more.
    yumm one whole pizza is not pob

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would do anything to rub that belly until you purred! :D

    .. and of course stuff you with another pizza while at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a full tummy! Nice to hear you're feeling better, keep it up, Git! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear that you are rebounding and getting back up to the weight you're at the one time. Plus I have to laugh. You're cat is looking at you like, "You fat bastard! You didn't share your pizza with me!" XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news buddy, and what an awesome picture. Now you have to work your way up to some of those exotic extra-large, double thick, mega-topping pizzas. You look fantastic and I'm horribly jealous of the guy who gets to rub that delicious belly!
    KC

    ReplyDelete