Vertical Stripes

If you haven't noticed by the clothes I typically wear in photos, I'm not much for formal attire. In fact, I'd much rather be unemployed than work somewhere I'd have to wear a tie at. This internship I have is at a rather high-end skyscraper downtown, so I was begrudgingly forced to buy some nicer clothes. And while I have to suffer through wearing a belt that digs into my belly when I sit and uncomfortable shoes, I got myself something I think all big guys look good in: vertical striped dress shirts.

They don't have to have stripes, but those certainly add to the appeal, in my opinion. I bought myself two extremely comfortable shirts and damn if I don't feel extra attractive when I wear them. Something about how they drape over a belly, with just the slightest bit of pressure on the buttons... it's a total weakness. And that's just the start of it.

I snapped a couple pictures of myself in one of them, as well as an old size M shirt I used to wear to church or something back in the day. They sure show off any progress I may have made in the past weeks, if any. They both seem sort of ill-fitting, as I was pretty bloated with beer that evening--I suppose that makes it a better example of what I was talking about, though.



5 comments:

  1. Suits you! (no pun intended)
    Here's a couple of Yahoo group sites of men in shirts and ties = can be quite hot:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BelliedBusinessmen/?yguid=93674953
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fat-Men-Wearing-White-Dress-Shirts/?yguid=93674953

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason that button-ups look and feel good is the fabric doesn't stretch. A well fitted shirt will "hug" you with every movement - sort of like a built-in set of hands on your belly. You can choose the degree of "hug" by selecting a looser or tighter fit around your belly. Of course, the limit of tightness is when the buttons are ready to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pete:
    Those are absolutely great pictures, but possibly not from your point of view. Please don't take offence, because I mean it in a positive way.
    I am talking about your facial expressions. You look so pleasant, winsome, appealing. Like somebody you would like to talk to just because of the looks of his face. Is that what internship has done to yo??
    I know you have explained more than once that you were shy and still are shy. In previous pictures you often looked haughty, arrogant, contemptuous. I know, it was because you were self-conscious and wary and probably didn't want to look like that.
    But that seems to be water down the river. You now have not just one attraction, your great body, but also, and more immediately, your congenial face!
    Now to your shirt. Most of us, no matter what type of body we have, don't really like to "dress up". Conversely, all of us look nice when we do.
    I fully agree that you look very good in that vertically striped shirt. That is good taste. - I can fully understand that you are very uncomfortable sitting down with tight pants and belt. Especially, when sitting everybody's belly expands!!
    Despite your discomforts, I am happy for you that you have a job as an intern. Every beginning has its difficulties. As an encouragement, you must have noticed that ties are on their way out, at least where I live (Canada).
    And, finally, I really hope that your form-fitting shirt will not discourage you from further gaining!!!
    Ciao, Norbert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't find belts, or dress shoes or eny of that to be uncomfortable. Course I buy clothes that I try on first and make sure are comfy, and worst case I get them tailored.

    dress shirts are always sexy, especially on beefy or fat guys. Though I;m surprised you don't like horizontal stripes. They're known to make you look wider

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so hot! I wish you'd get bigger.

    ReplyDelete