Gym Fat

I recently rediscovered the little 'gym' in my apartment complex. They added this nifty cable machine that covers my needs pretty well, so I started going a few times a week. It's usually empty at night, which is a little creepy, but I don't much mind.

It had been almost 9 months since I last worked out. The day after I first went there, I literally couldn't get out of bed my arms were so sore. Not having a free full-service gym like I had in college really discourages you from going--that and when it's cold I never feel like leaving the apartment. But I had forgotten how much healthier (and bigger) going to the gym makes me feel.



I had always wanted to make sure I have a big upper body to match my lower half. (In a perfect world, something like Dozerbear's) So far it seems to be working well. I measured my chest last night to find it was 51" around--two inches bigger than my gut. I never really thought of myself as having a big chest, but I'm starting to notice it more and more. The giant mirror in that workout room certainly helps.

Oh, and this morning the scale told me 250lbs! I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start celebrating, though--just in case.

9 comments:

  1. Well done git u do look bigger :)
    at least you have gone past the 240 zone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great, Git! Keep up the great work! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS GIT! you are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on both counts!! I had a super little gym in my Indianapolis complex and I was often the only person there mid-afternoons.. Really miss it here although cold weather does not prevent me from venturing out!! lol Hope the 250 holds! Have some green beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job PEte. You look fantastic and I hope your gaining goes well. All the best, Jon (mandmchoc)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic Pete. I hope everything goes well with your gaining. All the best. Jon (mandmchoc)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great man, heres to the next ten pounds. Hope the extra exercise does wonders to your appetite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the 250 pound milestone. You know in that picture it looks like your gut is bigger than your chest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oddly, I find you WAY more attractive fat than thin. I am a man and I find you sexy as hell. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete