Immobility

Because of the drawings I do, I get asked the immobility question a lot. Not that I mind--I love thinking about the possibility. My answer to the question is always the same, because I've (obviously) thought about this extensively.

To put it simply, two factors would have to be present for me to pursue immobility. One: I would need a lifestyle in which I could live comfortably and without money worries. Being immobile wouldn't be very pleasant if I lived in a shithole. And two: I would need to be guaranteed good health. I can live with being massively out of shape and only able to move a few feet at a time, but the thought of lymphedema or infections or anything that plagued the fattest men of history is quite the deal-breaker.


Basically, I would need to win the lottery and have a superhuman immune system.


Clearly I don't consider the thought of gaining to immobility to be a
realistic goal. Historically, it seems that any man who reached that point did so unintentionally--be it because of a genetic issue, a predisposition to weight gain, or whatever. As a result, they tend to also be quite unhappy, be it because of their health or the negative attention they get. In fact, most superchubs of extreme size tend to not take kindly to gainers, perhaps because gainers speak very flippantly about the subject and don't consider the hardships that come with being so obese. (Not that it's bad to daydream, but they tend to take offense, in my experiences.)

It is my opinion that a normal person gaining with the intention of one day being immobile due to their own extreme weight will sadly never reach that goal without some
significant help. I'm not aware (and someone please correct me if I'm mistaken) of any gainer who has intentionally fattened his way to the point of immobility. Quite a lot of us talk about it, but the task is so daunting that it tends to remains fantasy talk. I've been fortunate enough to chat with some guys of pretty remarkable size, but the fact is that the number of guys who've intentionally gained past, say, 500lbs is unfortunately low.

This is not to say that I am against the idea of immobility. Quite the contrary, if you could guarantee me my two conditions, you'd probably see me in the Guiness book tomorrow. I've thought about this to the point that I know that I would have no qualms with giving up my current lifestyle for one in which I am confined to my own house because of my size. I could easily picture the life
--good and bad aspects alike--and I would kill for it. This thought of gaining to unrealistic sizes is what keeps a lot of us gainers going, even if we know deep down it will probably never happen. The thought of my own body becoming so utterly massive and all-consuming is probably one of the hottest thoughts, to me. I can't explain why, just like most other aspects of my gaining, but I really wish I could. You could say that immobility is the ultimate fantasy for me.

Unfortunately, it will probably have to remain fantasy. Even if I was one of those guys who was just predisposed to balloon to a thousand pounds, I don't know if I could get past the realistic concerns that come with such a lifestyle. Who knows, though. Should I ever, by some crazy stroke of luck, ever gain to 500+ pounds or so, I imagine I'd reconsider--you only live once, afterall.

Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting read. You have a wonderfully balanced view on things, very refreshing compared to the unrealistic fantasising you get on many of these blogs.

    I'm sure you'll at least get close to the 400lb range in the next few years - you seem very determined. I for one can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always wondering about this with gainers. Thank you for answering his in your views, Git. Keep up working hard to your goals. ^^ Interesting views and it is true that health comes first when gaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah I understand what you mean man, gaining ANY weight for me is this exact conflict. For me there has to be a balance. I want to be big but I don't want to be a health hazard. And like you said, immobility or just being a superchub in general is incredibly tempting. Let alone being a superchub who would be proud of their body.

    But hey you'd be surprised, there is an amount of gainers who enjoy the idea of getting to immobility regardless of the consequences (And some WANT the consequences) and of course feeders who would help them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very interesting...
    Its good to found Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree here, well except i would never try to get that fat, nor would i want to be, but i have nothing against anybody who want it, and yes ive talked to a few, id say u are a bit crazier than us who want to intentionally gain period, ive gotten this question alot myself, and i say two words hell no, i love my life outside of gaining, i would like to be on broadway some day so its definitely out, and i would be to afraid of the health risk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gitbigger wrote "Should I ever, by some crazy stroke of luck, ever gain to 500+ pounds or so, I imagine I'd reconsider [immobility]"

    Well heck: by your most recent post you're over 260: more than halfway to 500!! Congrats. Eat heavy!

    ReplyDelete