Stretch Marks

Ever since I started gaining, I tried to prevent stretch marks. I read in several places that they can be permanent, and I didn't want to develop them. Every night before bed, I put lotion on my belly and sides and so far I've prevented them.

But, I didn't count on the rest of me growing so fast. Both the tops of my thighs and the sides of my butt are developing marks, as well as some smaller places such as the outsides of my shoulders from working out, and I'm desperately trying to get rid of them.

I've read up on some remedies (including some really out there stuff) and a common one is breaking a Vitamin E capsule and rubbing that in the marks. I may give that a shot.

If you know if a good remedy, please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I use cocoa butter lotion and it seems to work fine for me. Basically, any lotion designed to fight stretch marks during pregnancy should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the big downside of growing big.

    Like Marcus said, cocoa butter lotion is a good start, especially pregnancy formula lotions.

    There's a company called Palmer's that makes several kinds of the stuff and it works well. Look for a white bottle with a pump.

    There's also a company that makes really cheap stuff (I think they're called "Queen Anne" or something, I don't quite recall. It's in a big translucent white cylindrical bottle with a little brown cap) that doesn't work as well but it spreads a lot better than the Palmer's stuff. So I'd say mix the two and spread it around if you're going over several large areas.

    And also I heard, but haven't tried, that tanning helps. So go to the beach or your local tanning salon and give your skin some rays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my stretch marks on the inside of my hips. It's kind of freaky.

    There are all kinds of remedies out there, but I can't say how useful they are. Some people seem to be more disposed to getting stretch marks than others--I remember that Fatfanplus wrote somewhere that he's never had any, which is somewhat incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I know I'm new to this, but I'd just like to let you know, as a gainer any type of vitamin E lotion, cocoa butter lotion, or anything that helps prevent stretch marks (there are lotions that do that) will help with stretch marks. I personally have problems with stretch marks on my hips and inner thighs, so if you feel the marks then use the lotions. Also, taking Vitamin E tablets or herbal capsules are great for you as well. It will also make your hair shine more as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stretch marks are permanent. It's actually a type of scarring to the skin, so there's no way to remove them. They will fade on their own over time though. No experience trying to prevent them with lotions, etc. I've got plenty myself, having gained from 165 lbs to 235 lbs in college.

    ReplyDelete