Strategies

I'm officially back to 240 pounds again! I don't know why I'm so different, but man did the weight not come back twice as fast. Perhaps that's just a myth. Perhaps I didn't lose enough for it to apply. Who knows.

I'm taking a weight lifting course with my boyfriend for elective credit at college. We were required to make three goals for the end of the semester, and one of mine was to gain 20 pounds. ("You sure are ambitious," said the teacher) In order to reach my goal of 280 by May, I should naturally have gained half of that by December. I've developed a couple of strategies to help me achieve that goal, and they just might help you other young gainers out there.

One of them is eating fast. My boyfriend had always told me that I ate too slow, and because I get full fast, I wasn't eating as much as I could. Before, I didn't know how to speed myself up, but I figured out a way. By basically shoveling food into my mouth and drinking a little bit of liquid (like when I take pills) I'm able to swallow a large amount in one gulp. Of course, I don't get to really enjoy the food I'm eating, but on days when I'm behind on calories it's very helpful.

The other thing I'm doing is tracking my calories. I had tried this before, and stopped because of it required too much effort, but my boyfriend started his diet and was using TheDailyPlate.com to track his calories, and he told me that you can tell it you want to gain weight instead of lose, so I tried it out. You can also watch what I eat there if that helps you, I don't fill everything out as thoroughly as I should, but I'm getting better! Now that I know the amount of calories I need to eat to gain two pounds a week, so I'm trying to eat that amount each day, and this helps me know when I need to step it up and so forth.

Also, I'm going to try and update this blog every Sunday now. That'll help you guys keep up with me, and make me update more often. And with any luck with system, I should be two pounds heavier with each update!

8 comments:

  1. does that mean your boyfriend has put on a little weight too, to have to use a diet ;) :P can't wait to see pics of him AND you! Yay! have fun, and get fat Git! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good luck to you with reaching your goals as always Git. Well all be rooting for you to get to them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back to gaining - it looks so good on you, very masculine. I always enjoy your pics - keep it up! Best wishes from Europe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on that fellah! I've been trying to get back into gaining myself. Only aimin' for about a pound a week here till I get back into it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolacus from FA here. keep up the good work.

    as for the speeding up your eating...

    that strategy will work, and soon you'll train yourself to eat fast without even trying like I can, it just takes practice :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really I can use calorie counter for gain rather than loose weight? How can I do it?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals! I also hope that you'll consider posting images so we can watch you gain *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sport:

    Good luck with the gains. Hitting the gym harder these days myself and seeing some good muscle gains but losing some belly which is a bummer. Need to up that.

    Sidenote: Thank god Joe went home on P. Runway. Now just Suede to ditch and I'll be a much happier camper.

    Are you watching Top Design?

    Best,

    B

    ReplyDelete