Outerwear

I used to really hate winter. Well, I still do (what's the point in snow now that it can't cancel class?), but I used to hate winter because it forced all the studly college boys to cover their bodies with bulky jackets and such. Now, I don't mind so much. A truly large guy's size is actually accentuated by a nice jacket or hoodie, I've found. Plus it also makes me look bigger than I actually am.

I went to work last week and was chatting with my boss with my jacket and scarf still on. I happened to catch myself in his window and really liked what I saw. I don't know if it was just compared to my boss (a 5-foot-nothing little guy), but I thought I looked pretty big. My mother got me a nice white Under Armour hoodie, and that coupled with a scarf and my backpack... I don't know, I was just impressed with myself. I ended up puffing out my chest a little bit, and I think I missed most of our conversation after that point.

Needless to say, that day turned out very well. It's amazing what a little boost in self-confidence can do for your productivity.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, hoodies look awesome on hefty men. Love the black beany on you too, it really suites you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking really FAT! It's true then what they say - light colours make you look bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pete:
    Good to see you in winter gear! Agreed, it doesn't take anything away from your belly. And you are right up-to-date with that knitted head cap. Something similar we call tuque in Canada.
    Happy to read your report. You accentuate the posive!!
    In case you post nothing further in the meantime, "Merry Christmas" and all the "Best for 2010" with successful, as well as blissful gaining!
    Norbert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you would ever need a boost in self confidence. You're perfect the way you are, :) not to mention completely sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they always say you should dress in layers, they just never stated what kind. Keep going Mr. Git.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I toooooooold you this ages ago when you complained about it in your blog! Glad you finally saw the awesomeness that are hoodies and jackets on big guys. Not only do they showoff the bigness, but they're comfortable for you and anyone who wants a hug

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're hot!

    take a look at that guy, quite impressive too:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BigBryanCA#p/u/0/ljbF6C92nDI

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3

    I started a gaining blog, kind of, in italian: http://mettosuqualchekg.blogspot.com/

    Would you mind linking it? I'm BellyBuilder's BloodLust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking nice and beefy there. X

    ReplyDelete