A Fresh Start

Looks like I'm back at it again!

This time last year, there were many aspects of my life that I wanted to change. I wanted a better job, a better apartment in a better town with more opportunities and, of course, a better body--and I was only really working towards one of those. And without the others, I would never achieve what I wanted. So, I put my gaining dreams on hold, as much as it pained me. I watched the pounds slip away so very quickly as I put more focus on employment. Without constant attention, I couldn't even maintain the weight I had gained. I lost so much weight that I had to poke three holes in my belt to get my work clothes to fit me. My self esteem seemed to dip as my weight neared 200lbs again.

But yet, I pressed on and made the best of it. I worked out much more frequently to give myself a nice muscular base to build on, and daydreamed about my plans for when I eventually restarted my gaining. As a result, I started doodling quite a bit, and began posting to deviantART. That gave me a lot of motivation.


Now, as I type this, I'm in an amazing apartment in a high rise outside Washington, DC. My cousin had a wonderful connection to a company that was absolutely perfect for me, and I just started there yesterday. Things have very fortuitously turned out for the best, after all my hard work, so now I feel like putting some of that work into getting bigger again.


I may still have my metabolism to work against, but the apartment complex we live in has a great free gym, there's a huge mirror in my bedroom for measuring progress, and I'm making enough money to stock my fridge, I'd say I've got a good shot this time.

12 comments:

  1. Best of luck as you get back into it, fellah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that all is going so well for you. Happy to see that you took charge of your life and made the needed changes so that you can be happy as that is well deserved. Best wishes on your gaining! It comes easy to you when you're living a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back! It's nice to see that you've made positive improvements to your life and are doing well for yourself! You make a good role model for those of us who are thinking about getting into the gaining thing. After years of just watching I've finally met someone who supports me in every way, and I'm finally on the way to the body I always felt I was meant to have! I'm up from 150 to about 180 now, and no longer looking like a stick! And part of that can be attributed to blogs like this, making intelligent and sensible approaches to the topic. Keep up the good work, and best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I knew things would work out for you. So excited to see what the next few months bring you! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a reader of your blog for age now, but i've never commented before, really glade to see that all is going well for you. Congrats on the new job and the apartment. And good luck with the gaining too. Really glad to see you back on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never posted on here before, but seeing a new post from you with such fantastic news about your life has pushed me over. From your previous posts, I know the troubles you've had, so to see how positive things are for you really makes me so glad for you. You sound happier, look healthier, and have a firm grasp on life. Good luck in all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really happy for you that all is going so well ! Really, a good place to live and a good place to work is the best fresh start I could imagine. Have fun !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, glad to see things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you back. I can't wait to watch your progress. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Kick some ass, Pete.

    Or, more appropriately, grow some ass, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see a big Pete!!

    ReplyDelete