The Hunt for Shorts

Okay, so, I've always had a big butt. I admit it. Even at 140 pounds I did. I would have weighed even less if it weren't for my legs, which were a bit disproportionally muscular. This is due to an embarrassing nighttime habit I had as a child all the way up until high school. When I was working with my extremely gay boss before I had gained anything, he said I had a pretty 'ghetto booty.' Keep in mind, this is what I looked like (I wore that exact thing on a regular basis there)

Gaining weight is slowly making it come into proportion, I think. Unfortunately, it's still kind of hard to find pants that fit because of it. Take, for example, my old brown shorts that you've seen a lot here. (Best example: in these posts) They fit fine for the longest time, but slowly just got a bit uncomfortable. I can still put them on, but what (typically with all my pants) happens is that the back gets very tight and the front is very loose. I don't mind until I sit down.



I know most people out there don't like my butt as much as you guys seem to, so I'd rather not subject them to a hairy plumber's crack every time I sit down. (Also, note the forming neckroll. Hee.)

So no luck was had a Walmart last night--you haven't seen horror until you've been to a Kentucky Walmart--and the prices at Casual Male XL are just absurd ($98 for a pair of shorts? Really?) and both of those places are just so... lame. Their clothes are for older, more professional fat men. Where's the semi-stylish clothes for fat young guys? I know I'm not the only one.

Edit - Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not complaining. I'm actually pretty giddy that I'm outgrowing some stores. I'm just worried I'm going to lose my last pair of shorts before I can find another!

13 comments:

  1. Told ya in the last blog that specitaly stores for big men would cost a lot. Not to mention not having anything that'd you'd wear, if you're not like a business man. Hope you can find some pants that fit you comfortable and don't cost over 50. Also you do have a hot fat ass and people wouldn't mind seeing hairy plumbers crack. XD They'd probably be drooling over it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you? They often have a Big & Tall section, and their prices are big discounts off regular retail.

    I've also had occasional luck with extra-larger sizes at places like Marshalls or TJ Maxx. The selection can be limited, but sometimes you can find great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Git:
    (1) From what I see of you, you certainly don't have a big but. To me you look perfectly in proportion for your size. What do you want, a flat-ass ???
    (2) Buying pants. Here (in Canada), Sears Mail Order (on the internet) sells pants up to size 48 at very reasonable prices. Surely Sears USA does the same. Just buy shorts big enough that they are comfortable when you sit down. Or maybe shorter shorts would be less binding and more comfortable. Wearing a kilt would solve all problems. ^ | ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's all the cost of gaining weight

    you got what ya wished for so absolutely no sympathy from me man

    though I can relate with ya, I have a very large rump myself and it makes it hard sometimes getting comfy pants, though I feel tight in the back AND front :/

    good luck finding affordable pants

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupidgit,

    I am wanting to know How are you gaining the weight and getting fatter and fatter. I am trying to get fatter but it is not working.


    padder in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh! Such a funny post! And, by the way, that back view is seriously sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And what's this about embarrassing nighttime habits? Don't leave us dangling - what habit can build up leg muscles? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Git - 2 words for you: "Value Village". If you have one of these or another good thrift store near you, you can get good quality clothes at a fraction of the price of retail. Check it out. You'll be suprised. Also, I love the pics and you're right, the plumbers crack is great as far as we're concerned. Regards, Jon (mandmchoc)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you should show your crack. it would be so sexy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old Navy...They usually go up to about 42.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so, i'm running out and trademarking 'stylebear' right now

    cuz unless you want to wear shirts that say B.I.L.F or Old Navy you're screwed after size 40!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,

    Sorry to be the bearer of annoying news but:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=457912457

    I am assuming that is not you and that you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had your ass, mine is totally and completely flat.

    ReplyDelete